Our Family Law team are dedicated to getting better outcomes for our clients.
Our lawyers will take the time to help you understand the legal process and support you every step of the way. We understand that relationship breakdowns are challenging for everyone involved and our team are experienced in handling difficult and emotional negotiations.
We can help you with a range of family law matters including:
- Property settlements
- Binding financial agreements
- Parenting arrangements
- Children’s matters
- Mediation (including Family Dispute Resolution funded by Victoria Legal Aid)
- Intervention Orders
We can also assist with Child Protection matters including:
- Advice to families being investigated by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH)
- Representation of family members at court when the DFFH issue a protection application in the Children’s Court of Victoria
- Internal and external review of DFFH case plans
We can provide family members and carers with a voice when DFFH child protection is involved with their children. We will fight hard to ensure that DFFH make decisions in the best interests of children.
In child protection cases, you may be asked to sign documents and make agreements. It is always best to obtain independent legal advice before agreeing to anything to ensure that you know your rights.
Our Family Law team is led by Peter Murphy, an accredited specialist in Family Law with over 30 years’ experience.
Contact us today to speak to one of our experienced lawyers about your Family Law matter.