There can be serious implications in criminal matters without representation by an experienced lawyer. We have a team of lawyers who can assist with a range of criminal law matters including:
- Road traffic offences (careless driving, drink driving, unlicensed driving)
- Assault, including indecent assault
- Property damage
- Offensive behaviour
- Aggravated burglary
- Drug trafficking offences
- Manslaughter and murder
The type of service that our team can provide includes:
- Representation at court in summary and indictable matters
- Representation in the Magistrates Court of Victoria, County Court of Victoria and Supreme Court of Victoria
- Representation of children in the Children’s Court of Victoria
- Negotiations with prosecution
- Bail applications
- Contested hearings and trials
If you are being interviewed by the police, we recommend that you do not make any comments other than to state your name and address before seeking legal advice. We are available to provide advice over the phone if you are asked to attend a police station to be interviewed.
It is possible to apply to Victoria Legal Aid (‘VLA’) for a ‘grant of legal assistance’ to fund your criminal law case in certain circumstances. Having a grant of legal assistance means that VLA will pay us to represent you.
We are on the VLA practitioner panel for crime, which means that we can apply for a grant of legal assistance on your behalf.
If you have been the victim of a crime, we can help you with a claim for financial assistance from the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT).
Our Criminal Law team are led by Peter Murphy, an accredited specialist in Criminal Law with over 30 years’ experience.
Contact us today to speak directly to one of our experienced criminal lawyers.